Interested in joining our team?
We are a fun, interactive, and humane traveling petting zoo operating out of Central Austin. We pride ourselves in offering a safe, organized, atmosphere for people of all ages to learn and relate to animals without the need for ownership. We lead fun and educational birthday parties and events for children and adults alike.
Our zoos are primarily on the weekends, though part-time weekday positions may also be available.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of our exceptional team, we’d love to meet you!
- Enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and an outgoing personality
- Experience with children preferred
- Must be dependable, responsible and always on time or early
- Must be able to learn and recite fun and interesting animal facts
- Must be willing to have a background check performed
- A 4-door sedan or larger vehicle with working air conditioning to transport animals and equipment safely to and from events.
- Must have car insurance and a clean driving record
You will have plenty of training and opportunities to become comfortable handling animals and running events before running an event on your own.
We are looking for weekend staff AND part-time weekday staff, or you can do both! We are flexible around your schedule with varying hours.
Weekends: You can expect to work as little as one shift (3 hours) to multiple shifts (9 hours) per day on the weekends.
Weekdays: We release the shift schedule 2 weeks in advance so you can sign up for shifts that work for you.
Starting pay is $10.50 per hour plus a $5 gas reimbursement for every event you drive animals or supplies to. Staff average between $12.00 to $22 per hour with tips. You receive 100% of your tips.