Hedgehogs may have quills- but they are not related to porcupines like many people think. Here's a few more hedgehog facts that might surprise you!
1. Hedgehogs are related to moles, and share their super sense of smell.
2. Heghogs are nocturnal, which means they sleep during the day. At night they are very active and will rn around 10 miles in a night!
3. Hedgie a are mostly carnivorous, they get their high protein diet from insects in the wild. However, cat food is suitable for a pampered hog.
4. Hedgehogs need baths! Sometimes it's hard for them to clean all their quills and little feet so we use a toothbrush and a tiny dab of baby shampoo to help keep our furry friends squeaky clean!
5. Even shy hedgehogs can open up to you eventually with enough gentle handling, patience, and treats!